common sense

"there is no arguing with one who denies first principles"

Sunday, May 16, 2021

Following the Good Shepherd

 


 I was a avid follower of the news up until last year during the Wuhan Virus scare mongering.

 Actually my news interest probably peaked years ago. When I say “news” I’m really describing national and international affairs. The Celebrity stuff never interested me. My knowledge was never expert but I liked to read and listen to opinion podcasts like the National Review editors and the Ricochet offerings. . I used to tolerate NPR too. I had a fondness for the show “Wait Wait. . . Don’t Tell Me”. I didn’t see a massive conflict between being a conservative American and on occasion, listening to public radio. Fairly or unfairly a lot of this changed with Trump. I’m sure that sounds like a solid accusation against the man and his presidency, but look closer. The press made up news about the soldier bounties in Afghanistan, and Trump supposedly mocking military heroes among others. For two years they led nightly broadcast with Russia gate nonsense, knowing it was a lie.

 I actually just googled "lies about the Trump administration" and got nothing back but lies FROM the Trump administration on the first page.

I thought the press was wildly biased before; now I think they are a propaganda arm of the Democrat Party. Maybe that’s not quite right either. There’s a globalist cabal at work here and I don't care if it sounds nutty. Everything is connected. A strong America means our allies thrive. A weak America means our allies flail, if they even have our support. I’m thinking of Israel right now. The Jews are under attack from Hamas who is backed by Iran. Why now? Maybe because our president is senile and the far left that hates Israel sees an opportunity to rearrange the alliance in the Middle East. Who is stopping them now? Russian, Iran and Turkey are making a pact to shore up their part of the world and push us out.

I can’t pretend to know what all the shifting of alliances means anymore. I can admit that I don’t know anything about what’s really going on and who the players are behind the scenes. It’s tough to admit that when for so long I’ve assumed I solid grasp on world affairs. But there is too much to know and everything we see in the news, read in print, is filtered through prisms designed to scatter the light.

 Ironically the more I’ve tuned out of the daily Sturm und Drang the more confidence I have in God’s plan. I don’t just mean His plan for me but for all of humanity. It’s seems counterintuitive to unplug and deprogram from following the important developments with a sharp eye. But too much of what’s reported is half-truths, propaganda and outright lies.

It does feel like humanity will start waking up Matrix style in our cocoons and seeing a dystopian world that’s been there the whole time. Ok that’s dark. Maybe instead think of the Disney movie Wall E. A future where overfed, lazy humans existing on big gulps and naps suddenly wake up when the feed gets cut to the TV. But instead of the feed getting cut all at once, one by one we start waking each other up. We start noticing more that the culture isn’t quite right.

Anyway I don’t completely check out of news. 

I’m a reader just the same as before but the difference is in the extras. I haven’t felt the need to download any podcasts or opinion shows anymore. This isn’t just true of politics but sports as well. The change is welcome. I’ve been a man adrift in some ways, looking for knowledge and information in all the wrong places. Ok so the sports were just a welcome distraction, something fun to follow, no longer. The SJWs have ruined sports and the spineless corporate lackeys that run the league can lose their asses over it. They’ve welcomed BLM (Black Lives Matter) like a Trojan horse and now their sleeping while the woke Mafioso destroy their businesses. Maybe they’ve never been sports fans or felt anything but distain for the people that watch it.

I’m no longer a man adrift though. I’m a new creature in Christ and old things have passed away. The best part is I don’t have to figure out how to read a particular situation. Who are the good guys and bad guys? What’s the truth about the border? Will the fraudulent 2020 election ever be rectified and those responsible for stealing it be made to pay? Is the United States over as we once knew it? Will we emerge victorious and see lost people added to the kingdom?

Funny how important areas of life can disappear quickly and we don’t miss them. It’s possible if we fill our cup with everlasting water and eat the bread of life. Only by being connected to Christ can we understand and see into the spiritual realm, the battle that’s been raging for eternity. Our present lives and daily machinations are a blip on the radar screen of existence. Only when our mindset becomes eternally motivated can God use us for His kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment